The eight members, who have been drawn from the two ministries, are expected to submit a report in 30 days. They include;
1. Claire Omolo – Secretary of Administration in the Office of the President.
2. Lilian Muli – Assistant Inspector General of Police.
3. Patrick Mugo – Assistant Inspector General, Criminal Investigations Department
4. Charles Khayira – Senior Assistant Director in the Ministry of Education
5. James Kairu – Senior Assistant Director in the Ministry of Education
6. Loise Nyasenda – Senior Deputy Director at the Teachers Service Commission
7. Gracie K. Mulei – Educationist
8. Lt. Coronel. (Rtd) F.C Mugambi
According to an interim report on unrest in schools presented by Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i yesterday, about 68 schools that have experienced arson.
Cases of unrest in schools have been common especially in second term but the recent wave has left a section of the public with the view that people who might not be in favour with the reforms Matiang’i is making in the education sector are trying to sabotage the progress.
Others also hold the opinion that schools have also failed to adapt changes of the 21st century and are still stuck with draconian rules.