Huduma Kenya has won the Ombudsman Award for the best provision of public service delivery.
The coveted award was presented to the head of Huduma Kenya secretariat Henry Mutuku by the Attorney General Githu Muigai.
The annual Huduma Ombudsman Awards is a public service awards scheme initiated by the Commission on Administrative Justice last year with the aim of recognizing and rewarding outstanding public officers and institutions.
CS for devolution Ms Ann Waiguru, in a speech presented by her Permanent Secretary, welcomed the award and reinstated that such institutions hold key for shaping state-society relationships and effective governorship.
“Credible public administration institution and systems are essential for the government to deliver its mandate”
“The success of the public service and the officers who make up the service depend on everyone’s ability to restore trust, and confidence in the public administration, as a responsive and accountable governing institution that is there to serve the needs of the public,” said Waiguru.
Huduma Kenya centers, which are a first in the country, offer an Integrated Service Delivery (ISD) model which provides citizens with access to multiple government services under one roof.
The centers are said to serve about 20,000 customers daily and have served over 3 Million people since inception.
6TH AWARD IN ONE YEAR
The Ombudsman Huduma Award becomes the 6th that Huduma Center has been feted with this year by various bodies across the globe.
Below are the other awards that Huduma center has won;
1. Customer Service Excellence in Public Sector Award from the Institute of Customer Service Kenya.
2. African Public Service Award in the Special Recognition category.
3. Public Service Awards by Information Communication Technology Association of Kenya, the group emerged the best in use of ICT across the Nation.
4. United Nations Public Service Award for improving the delivery of Public Services.
5. Africa in Innovative Management of Public Service Award from African Association for Public Administration and Management.
Huduma Kenya targets to be at all 47 counties but currently has only has 18 centers.