What are the rates and opening hours for KICC rooftop?
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC ) is one of the oldest buildings in the city. The KICC rooftop, which has a helipad, is one of the tourist attractions sites in the city.
The 28-story building is located along Harambee Avenue in the city centre of Nairobi and was constructed in 1966 and 1973 by the Government of Kenya as the premier conference facility in East and Centre Africa.
Below are five key things that will answer your questions about visiting the KICC rooftop including the rates and opening hours.
1. Rates: entrance for citizens is only ksh 200 for adults and ksh 50 bob for children for residents it’s sh 300 and sh 100 for adults and kids respectively while for non-residents it’s ksh 500 for adults and ksh 200 for kids.
2. Cash or Mpesa? the mode of payment is cashless; there is a payroll number for Mpesa payment and the process is seamless.
3. Opening hours – 9 am- 8 pm on weekdays and 9 am- 6 pm on weekends including Sundays.
4. Panoramic views – You indeed get to enjoy the most amazing 360 aerial views of the city’s skyline where you get to see some of the most iconic buildings including the parliament, Uhuru Park, pension towers, I&M towers (Kenyatta Avenue), UAP towers (upper hill), Nyayo House among others.
You also get some nice views of sections of the expressway; the most magnificent view is the forest road intersection, where the road snakes in between buildings.
5. photography. mobile photography is allowed at no extra cost but professional photography is charged 7,500 while Video Shoot is Ksh 15,000
See below some of the shots taken on mobile during my recent visit;
CBK Pension Towers
Uhuru park, Upperhill view from the KICC rooftop
New Uhuru park aerial view